Cheesy Stars recipe: Nigella Lawson - Feast 'Cheesy Feet'
- 1 ½ cups Cheddar cheese, grated (100g)
- 1 ½ tablespoons soft butter (25g)
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour (50g)
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Put all of the ingredients into a food processor and blitz until the dough comes together. Just be patient: it will happen, I promise you. (I had to add 2 tablespoons of milk to make the dough come together) Form into a flat disc, wrap in plastic wrap and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Roll out the dough on a floury surface to roughly ⅛ inch thickness, and cut out your feet (or stars, in my case) with your cutters. You can keep re-rolling the dough and cutting out feet until it is all used up.
- Put them on to a lined baking sheet and cook in the oven for 10 minutes for the smaller feet, and 12 minutes for the bigger feet (my stars needed about 8 minutes). The biscuits will continue to crisp up as they cool on a rack, so take them out when they’re still a little soft in the middle.
I ate these with soft tacos.