So I decided to make my infamous Little Chick cupcakes again. I made them originally 4 years ago and they became a huge hit on the internet. They were featured on several tutorial, how-to's and Easter ideas-websites. The pictures on my Flickr photostream got over 13,000 views! Wow. I was amazed. Especially since they were one of the easiest to decorate.
You can use any cake recipe you please. I originally made them with carrot cupcakes, but now I used blueberry cupcakes which were just lovely! Like the last time, I added a few white-frosted cupcakes decorated with yellow chicks sprinkles. AND I made one female little chick. Hehe. I passed them out to several people and they approved them :D Need I convince you more to bake these?! Rating: 5 out of 5.
Blueberry Cupcakes: MarthaStewart.com
- 1 2/3 cups cake flour (not self-rising)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 6 ounces blueberries (1 1/4 cups)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees with rack in upper third of oven. Line cups of a standard muffin tin with baking cups. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Beat together butter and granulated sugar with a mixer on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, then beat in vanilla, scraping down sides of bowl. Reduce speed to low, and beat in flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with sour cream and beginning and ending with flour. Fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter among baking cups. Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs attached, 20 to 21 minutes. Remove cupcakes from tin, and let cool completely on a wire rack.