Banana - White Chocolate Chip Muffins
If your a baker, I'm sure you have that one friend or relative that pesters you about that one particular recipe you've made and keeps bugging you about when you're going to make it again. I do that sometimes. I've asked a friend dozens of times to cook up my favorite toffee brownies, which she sometimes delivers to my work :D. But I also have someone like that in my family. And to him, my banana muffins are amazeballs! I made a different variation using white chocolate chips and the recipe calls for no eggs. Fabulous either way! The sweetness of the chocolate balances the healthy bananas. Yum! Rating: 5- out of 5.
Banana - White Chocolate Chip Muffins: adapted from Nigella Lawson's 'How To Be A Domestic Goddess'
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 oozingly, bulgingly heaping tablespoons clear honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large, very ripe bananas
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 heaping teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Put the butter, honey and vanilla in a pan on a low heat to melt, then remove and set aside for a few minutes.
- Mash the bananas and, in another bowl, measure out the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix the melted butter mixture with the bananas and then mix that into the dry ingredients. Don’t overmix: just stir a couple of times; you will have a not terribly attractive lumpy sludge, but don’t worry about it.
- Put the paper cups in the muffin trays and fill them about two-thirds full of mixture. Put in the oven and cook for about 25 minutes. Leave in the pans for 5 minutes, then remove the muffins in their cups to a wire rack for another 5-10 minutes or till cool
Hope this helps! :)