Today my baby is turning 3 years old! Three years of hundreds of recipes, kilos of chocolate, and countless of sweet comments by you. I must admit, a recipe as easy as these blackberry meringue cream pots almost don't suit a birthday, but there will be a bigger celebration in the very near future. You'll just have to wait and see, but you can bet your ass it is paired with a fabulous giveaway!
Back to the blackberry meringue cream pots, or "black and white creams" as Nigella Lawson originally dubbed them. I changed the name to make it more descriptive for the weekly poll. And I love the word pots. And I love these. With just 4 ingredients, they make one of the most simple, easy & delicious desserts I can think of. Rating: 4- out of 5.
Black and White Creams: Nigella Lawson
- 2 teaspoons cassis liqueur
- 1 ¾ cups blackberries, plus ¼ cup reserved for garnish
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 meringue nests (from a packet)
- Add the cassis to the 1 ¾ cups blackberries and mash lightly with a fork.
- Whip the cream in a large bowl until thick but still soft. Roughly crumble in 1 of the meringues nests - you will need chunks for texture as well as fine dust.
- Fold in the fruit mixture and arrange on a serving plate in a mound, then crumble over the remaining meringue. Decorate with the remaining ¼ cup blackberries.
but rather a fabulous, 70's purple” Nigella muses.