To learn more about the Mickey Mouse-shaped cookie cutter I used, click here.
Maple Mickey Mouse Pancakes: adapted from AllRecipes.com
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg 1 ⅛ cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Preheat and lightly grease a large skillet or electric griddle.
- Mix the flour, salt, and baking soda together in a bowl. Add the egg, buttermilk, butter and maple syrup; stir together lightly, but keep it lumpy. The batter should look thick, spongy, and puffy.
- Drop ⅓ cup of the batter onto the cooking surface, spreading lightly with the bottom of the cup. Cook until lightly-browned on each side, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
even on the most challenging mornings.
where I, I'm proud to say, ate waffles every morning.
It was heaven.