White Chocolate Cheesecake recipe: adapted from Martha Stewart's Classic Cheesecake
- 2 ½ pounds cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 8 ounces (150 grams) white chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Make filling: Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese on medium until fluffy, scraping down side of bowl. Gradually add sugar, beating until fluffy. Beat in vanilla, and salt. Beat in eggs, one at a time, scraping down side of bowl after each addition. Beat in sour cream.
- Melt white chocolate over a double boiler. Fold in cheesecake batter, working quickly. Pour batter into prepared crust.
- Bake until just set in center, about 1 hour. Let cool 20 minutes. Run a paring knife around edge; let cool completely. Cover; chill overnight before serving.
Cheesecake Oats Crust recipe: found here
- ⅓ cup butter (about 3 oz)
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup light brown sugar sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- To prepare the crust, cut the butter into smaller pieces and melt over low heat. Let it cool slightly. In a medium bowl, combine the oats and the sugar. Add the cooled melted butter and mix to combine.
- Transfer the mixture onto the prepared pan and with your hands spread the mixture to cover the base and sides of the pan. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until light golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
For a white chocolate cheesecake, it sure produced a very dark crust.