Rocky Road Bars recipe: adapted from Nigella Lawson's Rocky Road Crunch Bars
- 1 stick + 1 tablespoon soft unsalted butter
- 10 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup or ¼ cup corn syrup
- ¾ cup rice krispies cereal
- ¼ cup plain hard and crunchy cookies
- 1 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- 1 ounce white chocolate crunch bar, broken into pieces
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- Melt the butter, semisweet chocolate and syrup in a heavy based saucepan. Scoop out about ½ cup of this melted mixture and put aside. (remember that melted chocolate sets fast)
- Put the cookies into a freezer bag and then bash them with a rolling pin. You are looking for both crumbs and pieces of cookies.
- Fold the rice krispies and crushed cookies into the melted chocolate mixture, and then add the marshmallows and white chocolate crunch.
- Pour into a 9-inch square foil tray; flatten as best you can with a spatula. Pour over the reserved ½ half cup of melted chocolate mixture and smooth the top.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours or overnight.
- Cut into 24 fingers and dust with powdered sugar by pushing it gently through a tea strainer or small sieve.
(yes, this really was my breakfast … AND dinner)
Anya from Couture Millinery Atelier gave me this fabulous 'Hats So Much Award'!
Anya shares my love for hats. She is a very talented hatmaker who's amazing work you can admire here and here.
Thank you so much Anya!
I take my hat off to you!