Chocolate Cupcakes recipe: adapted from 'Chocolate Graham Cracker Cupcakes' by Trophy Cupcakes, via MarthaStewart.com
Ingredients: Makes 24 cupcakes
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup + 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (not Dutch-processed)
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Line 2 standard muffin tins with cupcake liners; set aside.
- Sift 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together into the bowl of an electric mixer. Using the paddle attachment, mix ingredients together on low speed.
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla. Add to flour mixture and beat on medium speed for 30 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl and continue mixing on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add boiling water and stir to combine (with a spoon, not a mixer! it will splash around your kitchen); set cake batter aside.
- Fill each muffin cup three-quarters full with cake batter.
- Return to oven and bake, rotating pans halfway through baking, until tops are firm and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer muffin tins to a wire rack and let cupcakes cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan and let cool completely.
Fluffernutter Frosting: via Bilingual Butter.
- ½ cup marshmallow fluff
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar (I reduced this amount to ½ cup)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Combine fluff, peanut butter, butter, salt, and vanilla with a mixer on low speed.
-Add confectioners' sugar, beat until blended, and add enough milk to reach desired consistency.
Last time I made this chocolate cake recipe, I made 9 cupcakes and ate 8 of them!!