Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies recipe: Quaker Oats®
- ½ pound (2 sticks) margarine or butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3 cups rolled oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 cup raisins
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Beat together margarine and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Stir in oats and raisins; mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet. Remove to wire rack.