Energy Bliss Balls
I want to share a recipe that I have been making for the past months every week to improve my health: energy bliss balls. This is a typical bliss ball recipe, but one that I've perfected to a tee for maximum taste and health benefit.
The original recipe is from Your Super, a Dutch powder supplement that should give you more energy. I add it in most of my daily mixes and recipes, but you can use any powder supplement you please, like a protein powder.
I sometimes roll the balls in flaked coconut as you can see on the pictures, but this is not necessary. So omit this part if you don't care for coconut. It generally looks more pleasing when they are rolled in coconut, they look like little snow balls. Snow balls you can eat all year round.
Blissballs by Your Super adapted by me
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds (or pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes (or ground flax)
- 4 pitted dates
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (I prefer Snickers peanut butter for a little chocolate flavor, but any nut butter will work)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or date syrup)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 ground tumeric with a pinch of black pepper
- a pinch of salt
- 2 to 4 teaspoons of "health" powder (like a protein powder, I use 'Energy Bomb' by YourSuper)
Blend all of the ingredients in a blender of food processor and blend until sticky. If it's not sticky, add more maple syrup. Using your hands, roll the mixture into balls, and if desired, roll the balls in flaked coconut for an extra coating.