Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
You know those days when you need a little extra oomph for your breakfast? Or when you need a little "pick-me-up" for lunch at work? Well, this is the recipe for those days! Vegan peanut butter banana smoothie. It's such a healthy recipe: vegan, gluten free, soy free, refined sugar free, paleo, high fiber, low cholesterol, low calorie, and high in protein. But most of all, it's delicious!
The recipe is basic and you can tweek it to your taste. I added flax seed and oats for extra thickness and more fiber. I'm really contemplating buying a NutriBullet for all of the smoothie recipes I'm making lately. I currently use my food processor, but it's such a clean-up afterwards. That being said, it was well worth it!
Taste: 5 out of 5
Consistency: 5 out of 5
Overall appeal: 4.5 out of 5
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie: Chocolate Covered Katie
- 2 overripe, frozen large bananas
- 4 to 6 tbsp peanut butter or pb2, or allergy-friendly sub
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups milk of choice, depending on desired thickness
- scant 1/8 tsp salt
- optional 1/3 cup quick oats or rolled oats
- sweetener of choice, to taste
- optional scoop protein powder
- If you want an even thicker shake, feel free to add an extra banana. The bananas should be at least partially brown before peeling and freezing.
- To make the peanut butter banana smoothie recipe, blend the oats until a fine powder forms, then add all remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Drink immediately, or store in a covered container in the refrigerator if you’d prefer to make the smoothie the night before.