Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Okay, not a baking recipe this time. But a breakfast recipe, and it's vegan. Yay! I was craving for a fresh fruit breakfast smoothie and came across this vegan recipe. With the bananas and cocoa, it definitely gives you an energy boost in the morning. It was so incredibly filling! I did not get hungry until well over 1 o'clock and I have a super fast metabolism. I usually get "hangry" around 11 o'clock in the morning.
I made this recipe with my Kitchenaid foodprocessor. I do not own a blender. But it worked out just as well. Maybe a little bit more messy, but just as tasty. Tomorrow morning I'm making my first ever smoothie bowl! A great thing about this recipe is, that you don't have to freeze bananas.
Taste: 5- out of 5
Consistency: 4.5 out of 5
Overall appeal: 4.5 out of 5
Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie: The Spruce Eats
Ingredients: I halved this recipe and got 1 very large smoothie
- 2 whole, ripe bananas
- 3 to 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups vanilla almond milk (or vanilla coconut milk or another vanilla-flavored dairy-free milk alternative)
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- Gather the ingredients. Place the bananas in a blender along with the cocoa powder, maple syrup, and peanut butter. Process until mashed and just combined.
- Add the almond milk (or any dairy-free milk alternative) and ice, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately, garnishing with shredded dark dairy-free chocolate, if desired.