Eggless Chocolate Chunk Cookies
What to do with a giant chocolate Easter bunny that is the size of a 3-year old, your friends gave you months ago?
Bake, bake - BAKE!
Seriously, I had this HUGE Easter bunny sitting prettily in my kitchen for months and months. It was just too pretty to eat. And also, no one has ever gifted me such a large amount of chocolate. I was afraid what would happen if I started eating it. Would I eat so much and pass out into a chocolate coma? Perhaps. So I waited until I had use for using a large amount of chocolate. Well... that didn't happen. And hot Summer weather was setting in. Finally, the bunny started melting even in the coolest spot in my house so I knew I had to do something with it ASAP!
So for the weeks to come, I started baking at least one different "chocolate chunk" recipe every week. There were some winners among those recipes, and there were some second-best recipes. Well let me tell you, this eggless chocolate chunk recipes is a definite winner! I've baked it 3 times since on popular demand. I didn't have any eggs around the first time I baked these, so it became an eggless recipe.
At first he was happy...
Untill I cut his ears off...
He was screaming!
Taste: 5 out of 5
Consistency: 4.5 out of 5
Overall appeal: 5 out of 5
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chocolate chunks or chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Beat the butter with white and brown sugars for 1 to 2 minutes, until creamy with a mixer. Add in flour and baking soda. Mix.
- Add water, oil, and vanilla and mix. Fold in the chocolate chips with a wooden spoon.
- Drop by spoonful onto the baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes