Creamy Peanut Butter Cookies
If you dislike, loathe, or hate (those are synonyms, I know) peant butter... LOOK AWAY!
If you like, love, adore peanut butter... YOU'D BETTER STAY! Because I just made one of the BEST peanut butter cookies-recipes, I've ever tried. Seriously, I made a large batch of cookies, and ended up eating not very many because I was (forced) to give them away to people. It's not a bad thing if you're my friend. I'll admit: I bribe with cookies.
I found the recipe on, my go-to recipe spot lately, Pinterest! The caption described them as "The BEST peanut butter cookies! Couldn't STOP eating them!" Okay, I'm intrigued. So I made them, and man, they are FULL of creamy peanut butter flavor. I mean PACKED with peanut butter! Being a peanut butter-lover, I did not mind this one bit.
So here's the stats on them:
Taste: 5- out of 5
Consistency: 5- out of 5
Overall appeal: 5 out of 5
Peanut Butter Cookies: click here
1 cup brown sugar, packed firmly
1 cup white sugar
½ cup shortening (I used sunflower oil)
½ cup butter, softened
1 cup peanut butter
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 ¼ cups flour
· Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray cookie sheets with a non-stick spray.
· Cream together the sugars, shortening, butter, and peanut butter.
· Add the eggs and vanilla, mix until well combined.
· Mix the dry ingredients together, add the dry ingredients to the cream mixture.
· Roll the cookie dough into tablespoon size balls.
· Roll the cookie balls into sugar.
· Place on the cookie sheets- DO NOT mash with a fork in normal “peanut butter cookie” fashion.
· Bake for 11 to 13 minutes. (I baked them for about 14/15 minutes, but keep your eye on them! A minute can make a huge difference)