Nutella - Banana Oat Muffins
I'm sure you expected a decorative Easter-themed post from me, but I couldn't resist whipping up these babies after I spotted the recipe on Pinterest. What's lovelier to bake in the morning than muffins? Nutella muffins! I ordered a Nutella cake for a co-worker of mine, who is the biggest Nutella-lover I know, and I gave me an idea to incorporate Nutella into the muffins. Along with two ripe bananas I had left, and some oats, these were the fabulous ingredients for these muffins. I baked them and stuffed 3 immediately into my mouth, leaving just enough muffins to be photographed :P! Rating: 5- out of 5.
Nutella Banana Oat Muffins: Chef in Training
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, white sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir until ingredients are well combined.
- In a large bowl, beat egg. Add milk, oil, vanilla and mashed bananas. Sir to mix ingredients until well combined.
- Add flour mixture to the banana mixture and stir until ingredients are incorporated, do no over stir.
- Line a 12 muffin pan with 12 muffin tins or spray muffin tin generously with cooking spray.
- Divide batter evenly among the 12 muffin tins.
- Add a teaspoon of Nutella to the top of each muffin and gently cut Nutella into batter with a knife or toothpick to produce pretty swirls.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 17-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
It was a good as it looks!