I don't think I need to convince you much about why this is the perfect recipe for Christmas... Brownies: full of chocolate - isn't this the season for eating calorie-packed treats? Strawberries disguised as Santa's hats: to give you that illusion that they're healthy. But it's the overall cuteness of these brownies that wins me over and makes them one of my new favorite Christmas treats!
Brownies are known to be easy to make, but the Santa's hats were children's work as well. Just pipe a circle on each cut brownie, place a sliced strawberry on top, and give it one extra forsting swirl on top of the strawberry - and voilá! You're done! Rating: 5 out of 5.
Brownies: MarthaStewart.com (one of my favorite brownie recipes!)
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 14 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
"Love for chocolate" - yes indeed! You need about 14 ounces (400 grams) of it!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Generously butter a square 9 x 9 brownie pan. Dust with flour, tapping out excess; set aside.
- Put chocolate, butter, and 1½ tablespoon sugar in a medium heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water; whisk occasionally until smooth. Remove from heat, and let stand until cool and thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Process eggs and remaining tablespoon sugar in a food processor until pale and doubled in volume, about 2 minutes. Sift flour, salt and baking powder into egg mixture; pulse to combine. Add chocolate mixture ¼ cup at a time; pulse each addition until combined, about 10 times. (Batter will be thick.)
- Spoon mixture into the prepared brownie pan. Bake until top are springy to the touch, 30 to 40 minutes (they might need a bit longer, check with a cake tester). Let cool to room temperature.
It's a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to come here and visit
more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your
theme? Outstanding work!
Here is my blog post - Best soundbar 2014 (bit.ly)