Vanilla Cookies with Chocolate Chunks
Welcome to my house!
This tray of vanilla - chocolate chunk cookies is here to welcome everyone that steps foot in my home. Take a cookie, drink some caramel tea & tell me your gossip. These smooth-topped cookies are sure to make you feel comfortable.
In a desperate mood for baking on a lazy Sunday, but lacking many ingredients to make a cake, I settled on cookies. Not really 'settling' because they were just as delicious! But I was really not in the mood to dress up and go to the grocery store on the other side of town. When I'm lazy, I do it good! ;) Rating: 4 out of 5.
Basic Vanilla Cookie Dough: recipe from MarthaStewart.com
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 200 grams bittersweet or milk chocolate, roughly chopped
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Beat butter and granulated sugar with a mixer on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture, and beat until combined. Stir in chocolate.
- Shape dough into 2 disks, and wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Roll out 1 disk on a lightly floured piece of parchment to a ⅛- to ¼-inch thickness. Repeat with remaining disk. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes. Cut dough into large rectangles and place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 13 - 15 minutes, or until edges of cookies are golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.