The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
No I'm not giving up milk, eggs and butter to start a vegan lifestyle, nor do I have any vegan friends or relatives, but I enjoy making vegan recipes. I like knowing I'm preserving the friendly chickens that lay their eggs, or the cow that gives me milk to somewhat of an extent, and I don't really eat that much meat to begin with. I've made vegan oatmeal - raisin cookies before and they are my favorite oatmeal cookies, plus it's one of the most popular posts I've done.
On the quest for an amazing vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe, so good, they even beat out their non-vegan competitors, I stumbled upon this recipe. It replaces butter with vegetable oil, milk with soy milk and eggs with... well nothing. How do they fair off? They're mindblowing! So good, I nicknamed them 'The Best' vegan chocolate chip cookies! You HAVE to give them a try! Rating: 5+ out of 5.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies: recipe from Erica's Sweet Tooth
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks (make sure they're vegan)
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil (I used canola oil)- ¼ cup soy or almond milk (I used rice milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350˚F degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips. In another bowl, combine the vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla. Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix well with a wooden spoon or your hands to get the mixture well incorporated.
- Roll dough into compact balls, place on a parchment paper-lined pan, and squish them down to form saucers. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Let cookies cool for 5 minutes on the pan before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
"If someone brings a disgusting cake to a party, that's because they can't bake. And if someone brings a disguting vegan cake at a party, that's because we can't make good cakes without milk and eggs of course!"
You showed me today you don't believe in that. I appreciate someone who takes the challenge. I will try these :) I often veganise your recipes and I have to say it's often great ;)
I ended up adding way more oil to keep them together.
I am a relatively new vegan, and i just wanted to say that these cookies were absolutely delicious! Very simple recipe. It is exactly what a cookie should taste like. Perfectly moist and gooey. The only minor change i made was add coconut oil instead of canola or vegetable oil. Other than that, it was perfect. Thank you!
I am wondering if I could use 1/2 cup of canola oil and the rest peanut butter. Has anyone tried that yet?
Thanks so much for this recipe!