Peanut Butter - Chocolate Pudding Parfaits
Rediscover chocolate pudding's comforting simplicity and the indulgence of peanut butter whipped together with cream. And if you can handle it, topped off with crushed peanut butter sandwich cookies. I think you can handle it! To make beautiful layered parfaits, use a small ice-cream scoop with a spring-loaded handle. This way, you can drop whipped cream and pudding straight into glasses, leaving the sides clean. Rating: 3.5 out of 5.
Peanut-Butter Chocolate Parfaits: Martha Stewart - Everyday Food (04/2006)
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 recipe cooled Chocolate Pudding (see recipe below)
- 6 peanut-butter sandwich cookies
- In a medium bowl, whip 1 cup cream along with sugar until soft peaks form. Reserve.
- Place peanut butter and remaining ½ cup (unwhipped) cream in another medium bowl; whisk until smooth. Add reserved whipped cream; gently fold in with a rubber spatula until combined.
- Creating alternating layers, spoon Chocolate Pudding and whipped cream mixture into 6 serving glasses or dishes. Cover; chill at least 1 hour and up to 2 days. Crumble cookies over parfaits before serving.
Chocolate Pudding: Martha Stewart - Everyday Food (04/2006)
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place a fine-mesh sieve over a medium bowl; set aside. In a medium saucepan, off heat, whisk together sugar, cornstarch, and salt, add cocoa powder. Very gradually (a few tablespoons at a time) whisk in milk, taking care to dissolve cornstarch. Whisk in egg yolks.
- Whisking constantly, cook over medium heat until the first large bubble forms and sputters. Reduce heat to low; still whisking, cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; immediately pour through sieve into bowl. Stir butter and vanilla into hot pudding.
- Place plastic wrap directly on surface of pudding (to prevent skin from forming); chill at least 3 hours and up to 3 days. Before serving, whisk pudding until smooth; divide among four serving dishes.
start off with Christmas cookies and recipes! So stay tuned :)