Rediscover chocolate pudding's comforting simplicity and the indulgence of peanut butter whipped together with cream. And if you can handle it, topped off with crushed peanut butter sandwich cookies. I think you can handle it! To make beautiful layered parfaits, use a small ice-cream scoop with a spring-loaded handle. This way, you can drop whipped cream and pudding straight into glasses, leaving the sides clean. Rating: 3.5 out of 5.
Peanut-Butter Chocolate Parfaits: Martha Stewart - Everyday Food (04/2006)
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 recipe cooled Chocolate Pudding (see recipe below)
- 6 peanut-butter sandwich cookies
- In a medium bowl, whip 1 cup cream along with sugar until soft peaks form. Reserve.
- Place peanut butter and remaining ½ cup (unwhipped) cream in another medium bowl; whisk until smooth. Add reserved whipped cream; gently fold in with a rubber spatula until combined.
- Creating alternating layers, spoon Chocolate Pudding and whipped cream mixture into 6 serving glasses or dishes. Cover; chill at least 1 hour and up to 2 days. Crumble cookies over parfaits before serving.
Chocolate Pudding: Martha Stewart - Everyday Food (04/2006)
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place a fine-mesh sieve over a medium bowl; set aside. In a medium saucepan, off heat, whisk together sugar, cornstarch, and salt, add cocoa powder. Very gradually (a few tablespoons at a time) whisk in milk, taking care to dissolve cornstarch. Whisk in egg yolks.
- Whisking constantly, cook over medium heat until the first large bubble forms and sputters. Reduce heat to low; still whisking, cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; immediately pour through sieve into bowl. Stir butter and vanilla into hot pudding.
- Place plastic wrap directly on surface of pudding (to prevent skin from forming); chill at least 3 hours and up to 3 days. Before serving, whisk pudding until smooth; divide among four serving dishes.
start off with Christmas cookies and recipes! So stay tuned :)