As far as their tastefulness goes, they taste waaay better than the Reese's Chewy Chocolate Cookies but not as mindblowing as the Peanut Butter Surprise Chocolate Cookies. Nevertheless, the peanut butter/chocolate combo never tires me so I rate them 4 out of 5.
Chocolate - Peanut Butter Chip Drop Cookies: The Complete Magnolia Bakery Cookbook - Allysa Torey & Jennifer Appel
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened Dutch process cocoa
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 5 tabelspoons solid vegetable shortening
- 1 cup sugar + 1 tablespoon
- 1 large egss, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar until smooth, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla, and beat well. Add the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Stir in the peanut butter chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets, leaving several inches between for expansion. Sprinkle lightly with the sugar. Place the cookie sheets in the refrigerator and chill for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes. Cool the cookies on the sheets for 5 minutes and then remove to a wire rack to cool completelty.