In my last post I raved about my Heath toffee brownies as being The Best Brownies. I adapted that recipe from this one. I had made these chocolate truffle cakes a few days earlier and fell in love. I love how these are individual-sized and remindful of naked cupcakes. For extra fudgy results, make these cakes a day ahead; wrap them well in plastic wrap, and reheat them by either placing them in the microwave for a few seconds or popping them back into the oven for a minute. Serve with ice cream and prepare to die and go to heaven! Rating: 5- out of 5.
Chocolate Truffle Cakes: MarthaStewart.com
Ingredients: makes 6 cakes
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for muffin tin
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 10 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Generously butter a standard 6-cup muffin tin. Dust with flour, tapping out excess; set aside.
- Put chocolate, butter, and 1 tablespoon sugar in a medium heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water; whisk occasionally until smooth. Remove from heat, and let stand until cool and thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Process eggs and remaining tablespoon sugar in a food processor until pale and doubled in volume, about 2 minutes. Sift flour and salt into egg mixture; pulse to combine. Add chocolate mixture ¼ cup at a time; pulse each addition until combined, about 10 times. (Batter will be thick.)
- Spoon mixture into the prepared muffin tin, filling cups three-quarters full; swirl tops with back of spoon. Bake until tops are springy to the touch, 18 to 20 minutes. Immediately turn out onto wire racks; reinvert, and let cool.