Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Whether you're celebrating this day with your loved one or by yourself, you need to eat a good amount of chocolate! Eating a good amount of chocolate is never a problem for me, so I was overjoyed that I got to make these fabulous molten chocolate cakes. They're so delicious ... how could they not be? The top of the molten chocolate cakes looks set, but underneath it reveals a luscious hot chocolate lava ♥! Rating: 5 out of 5.
Molten Chocolate Cakes: MarthaStewart.com
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- Confectioners' sugar & whipped cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Generously butter 6 cups of a standard muffin tin. Dust with granulated sugar, and tap out excess. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and granulated sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. With the mixer on low speed, beat in flour and salt until just combined. Beat in chocolate until just combined. Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups.
- Place muffin tin on a baking sheet; bake just until tops of the cakes no longer jiggle when the pan is lightly shaken, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes.
- To serve, turn out cakes, and place on serving plates, bottom sides up. Dust with confectioners' sugar, and serve with whipped cream, if desired.