Peppermint Mocha Fudge: adapted from Nigella Lawson's Chocolate Pistachio Fudge
- 12oz dark chocolate, chopped (350g)
- 1 can condensed milk (140z/397g)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (30g)
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- a pinch of salt
- ½ cup crushed candy canes
- Place the chopped chocolate, condensed milk, butter and salt into a heavy-based pan over a low heat and stir until melted and well combined. Add the espresso powder to the melted chocolate mixture and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into a 9 inch (23cm) square tray, smoothing the top with a wet palette knife or rubber spatula. Sprinkle the crushed candy canes on top.
- Let the fudge cool, then refrigerate until set. Cut into small pieces approximately 1¼ inch x ¾ inch (3cm x 2cm). Once cut, the fudge can be kept in the freezer - there's no need to thaw, just eat straight away.