Black Bean Brownies: adapted from AllRecipes.com
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8x8 square baking dish.
- Combine the black beans, eggs, oil, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla extract and sugar in a blender; blend until smooth; pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top of the mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 40 - 45 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
You may already be familiar with beans' fiber and protein, but this is far from all black beans have to offer. In addition to lowering cholesterol, black beans' high fiber content prevents blood sugar levels from rising too rapidly after a meal. Black beans are packed with antioxidants. In fact, the darker the bean, the more antioxidants they contain. [Source]