Milk Chocolate Brownies recipe: adapted from Martha Stewart's Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 6 ounces milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter an 8-inch square baking pan and line with parchment, allowing a 2-inch overhang. Butter lining (not overhang).
- Put butter and chocolate in a heatproof medium bowl set over a pan of simmering water; stir until melted. Let cool slightly. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Whisk granulated sugar into chocolate mixture. Add eggs, and whisk until mixture is smooth. Stir in vanilla. Add flour mixture; stir until well incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; spread evenly with a rubber spatula. Bake until a cake tester inserted into brownies (avoid center and edges) comes out with a few crumbs but is not wet, about 45 minutes. Let cool slightly in pan, about 15 minutes. Lift out; let cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into squares.
I’m bold, aren’t I?
make sure you cut back on the sugar in the recipe.
Nice thought, though.