Molten Chocolate Babycakes recipe: Nigella Lawson - How To Be A Domestic Goddess
Ingredients: Serves 6
- Scant ¼ cup soft unsalted butter, plus more for greasing (50g)
- 12 ounces best bittersweet chocolate (350g)
- ½ cup sugar (150g)
- 4 large eggs, beaten with a pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour (50g)
- 6 individual 6-ounce custard cups
- Unless you are making these up in advance, preheat the oven to 400ºF (200ºC), putting in a baking sheet at the same time. Lay 3 of the moulds on a sheet of doubled baking parchment. Draw round them, remove, and then cut out the discs as marked. Press them all into the base of the cups.
- Melt the chocolate and let it cool slightly. Cream together the butter and sugar, and gradually beat in the eggs and salt, then the vanilla. Now add the flour, and when all is smoothly combined scrape in the cooled chocolate, blending it to a smooth batter.
- Divide the batter between the 6 custard cups, quickly whip the baking sheet out of the oven, arrange the little tins on it and replace in the oven. Cook for 10–12 minutes (the extra 2 minutes will be needed if the puddings are fridge-cold when you start) and as soon as you take them out of the oven, tip out these luscious babycakes onto small plates or shallow bowls. Serve these with whipped double cream, the same unwhipped in a jug, crème fraîche, crème anglaise or ice cream.