Jumbleberry Crumble recipe: Nigella Lawson - Express
Ingredients for crumble:
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ stick cold unsalted butter (4 tablespoons), cut into small cubes
- 3 tablespoons Demerara sugar (you can use light brown sugar as a substitude)
Ingredients for jumbleberry:
- ¾ cup frozen summer fruits
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar, or granulated sugar and a drop of vanilla
- ½ cup frozen crumble topping
Instructions for crumble:
- Put the flour and baking powder into a bowl and rub in the cubes of butter with your fingers until you have a mixture like coarse sand. This is such a small amount, it’s not really worth getting out the heavy machinery.
- Stir in the sugar and then put into a freezer bag to freeze.
Instructions for jumbleberry:
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Put the summer fruits in either a cup or a ramekin and sprinkle over the cornstarch and sugar. Stir around a little.
- Sprinkle over the frozen crumble topping and bake the cup for 20 minutes and the ramekin for 15 minutes.
Oh, and some whipped cream ;) Exactly what I was craving for.