Martha's Double Chocolate-Chunk Cookies recipe: MarthaStewart.com
Ingredients: Makes 3 dozen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces good-quality semisweet chocolate (4 ounces coarsely chopped, 4 ounces cut into ¼-inch chunks)
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside. Melt coarsely chopped chocolate with the butter in a small heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
- Transfer chocolate mixture to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add sugar, eggs, and vanilla; mix on medium speed until combined. Reduce speed to low; gradually mix in flour mixture. Fold in chocolate chunks.
- Scoop batter using a 1 ½-inch ice cream scoop; place 2 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until cookies are flat and surfaces begin to crack, about 15 minutes. Transfer on parchment to wire racks. Let cool 5 minutes. Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
the chocolate bits melted and the center was sooo soft!