Chocolate - Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe: Nigella Lawson - Feast
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons best quality cocoa powder
- ¾ cup superfine sugar
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips + ¼ cup for sprinkling
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup + 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, sugar, and ¾ cup of the chocolate chips into a large bowl. Pour all the liquid ingredients into a measuring jug. Mix the dry and wet ingredients together, remembering that a lumpy batter makes the best muffins. Spoon into the prepared muffin cases. Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup chocolate chips on top and then bake for 20 minutes or until the muffins are dark, risen and springy.