Rocky Road Fudge Bars recipe: AllRecipes.com
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 (1 ounce) square unsweetened chocolate, melted (I recommend dark chocolate, and adding 2 teaspoons cocoa)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts (I replaced this with crushed digestive biscuits)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts (replaced this with crushed digestive biscuits & rice krispies)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 (1 ounce) square unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar (I used 2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extra
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a medium saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and add 1 cup sugar, 1 cup flour, baking powder, vanilla, 2 eggs and walnuts. Stir until well blended. Spread evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- For the next layer, in a medium bowl, beat the 6 ounces of cream cheese (reserve 2 ounces of the package of cream cheese for the next layer) with the ½ cup of sugar, egg, 2 tablespoons of flour, ½ teaspoon of vanilla, and ¼ cup of butter. Mix until fluffy and smooth. Spread evenly over the first layer.
- Sprinkle the ¼ cup of chopped nuts and chocolate chips over the second layer. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven. Then sprinkle the miniature marshmallows over the top.
- Begin to prepare the icing while the bars are in the oven. In a medium saucepan, melt together the ¼ cup of butter, 1 square of chocolate, remaining 2 ounces of cream cheese and ¼ cup of milk. Remove from heat and stir in 3 cups of confectioners' sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Beat until smooth. Pour over the marshmallows. Refrigerate until firm, cut into squares.
who nominated both of my blogs Paris Pastry & French Mademoiselle for
'The Fabulous Sugar Doll Blogger Award'!