Chocohotopots recipe: Nigella Lawson
- 1 stick + 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, with 60 percent cocoa solids
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup superfine sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Place a baking sheet in the oven and preheat to 400 degrees F.
- Butter the ramekins with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Either in a microwave or in a bowl suspended over a pan over simmering water, melt the dark chocolate and 1 stick butter, then set aside to cool a little.
- In another bowl, mix the eggs with the sugar and flour with a hand whisk and beat in the cooled butter and chocolate mixture. Divide the mixture between the 4 buttered ramekins. Bake for about 20 minutes (reading reviews, I came to find that the baking time is too long, so I baked them for 13 to 15 minutes which worked out perfectly), by which time the tops will be cooked and cracked and the chocolate gooey underneath.
- Place each ramekin on a small plate with a teaspoon and serve. Make sure to warn people that these desserts will be HOT!