Banana Muffins recipe: Nigella Lawson - How To Be A Domestic Goddess
Nigella says this will make 10 muffins, but I only got 7 out of this batter, so you might want to consider doubling the recipe.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 oozingly, bulgingly heaping tablespoons clear honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large, very ripe bananas
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 heaping teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Put the butter, honey and vanilla in a pan on a low heat to melt, then remove and set aside for a few minutes.
- Mash the bananas and, in another bowl, measure out the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix the melted butter mixture with the bananas and then mix that into the dry ingredients. Don’t overmix: just stir a couple of times; you will have a not terribly attractive lumpy sludge, but don’t worry about it.
- Put the paper cups in the muffin trays and fill them about two-thirds full of mixture. Put in the oven and cook for about 25 minutes (20 minutes was enough for me). Leave in the pans for 5 minutes, then remove the muffins in their cups to a wire rack for another 5-10 minutes or till cool.
Low-fat & delicious !
And my favorite thing was the sweet smell of honey :)