Dutch Pancakes - 'pannekoeken' recipe:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cup milk
- Combine the flour, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Add ¾ cup of milk and mix with a whisk to combine. Add the remaining ingredients (¾ cup milk, 3 eggs, ½ tablespoon vanilla) and mix until smooth.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, and coat with butter or oil. Scoop about ¼ cup of batter into the skillet, and tilt the pan to coat the bottom. Cook until the top begins to form air-bubbles and the bottom begins to brown. Carefully slide a spatula under the pancake and flip. Cook for a 20 seconds on the other side, just until browned. Remove to a plate, and repeat with remaining batter.
Nutella addition: I warmed ½ cup of Nutella in the microwave for 20 seconds, so that it would be easier to spread on the pancakes.
Nutella Pancakes recipe: Nigella Lawson - Nigella Express
- 8 store-bought crepes
- 1 jar (400g) Nutella
- 75g soft butter
- 80ml Frangelico + 2 tablespoons
- 35g chopped hazelnuts
- 250 ml double cream
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Put each crepe in front of you and spread some Nutella over one half, then fold the unspread side over the spread side. Now add a dollup of Nutella over one quarter and fold again. Place on a buttered swiss-roll tin or similar. Proceed with the remaining crepes, overlapping them a little in the tin as you go.
- Put the butter in a small pan with the Frangelico, and heat gently to melt. Pour over the crepes in their tin and sprinkle most of the chopped hazelnuts on top. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the cream with the remaining 2 tablespoons Frangelico until you have an aerated soft floppiness, and put into a bowl, sprinling with the last of the crushed hazelnuts. This luscious cream is a must alongside the sweet, buttery, heavenly crepes.