Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies recipe: Melissa Murphy - The Sweet Melissa Baking Book
- ½ cup Smooth Peanut Butter
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup dry-roasted peanuts
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Position a rack in the top and bottom thirds of your oven. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream peanut butter, butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 - 4 minutes. Beat in the egg.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture and mix until combined. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl so that everything is combined evenly.
- In small bowl, mix chopped peanuts, granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Scoop dough by rounded tablespoons and roll into balls. Roll each covered ball in peanut mixture; gently pat mixture completely onto balls. Place the balls about 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets, and press down slightly. Using a fork dipped in flour, press down on the cookies first one way and then the other to form an "X" pattern, creating the crosshatch effect. (The cookies should now measure approx. 2 inches in diameter.) Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden. Overbaking will cause these chewy cookies to become crunchy so try to avoid it.
Simone from 'The romantic query letter and the happy-ever-after' passed the 'gorgeous blog award' on to me. Thank you so much Simone! Now I must nominate five other gorgeous blogs that inspire me:
♥ 6 Bittersweets
♥ Bilingual Butter
♥ La Petit Plume
♥ Miss Dot's Cupcake Spot
♥ NYC, Style & a little Cannoli
Please visit Simone's and these lovely five blogs!