Banana Foster recipe: adapted from AllRecipes.com
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅔ cup dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 to 5 bananas, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- In a large, deep skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in sugar, rum, vanilla and cinnamon. When mixture begins to bubble, place bananas in pan. Cook until bananas are hot, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve at once over ice cream.
Butterscotch Sauce recipe: Nigella Lawson - Express
- 3 tablespoons light muscovado sugar or light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup golden syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Splash vanilla extract
- Melt the sugars, syrup and butter in a saucepan and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and vanilla, stirring together, and then take off the heat. It will be very runny, but still you can use it right away. However, if you put it in the refrigerator for 1 - 2 hours it will become thicker.