Banana Butterscotch Muffins recipe: Nigella Lawson - Express
- 3 very ripe bananas (I used 2 very large bananas)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup super-fine sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F. (I found 400 a bit too high, I'd try 350!) Line a standard muffin tin with muffin cups.
- Mash bananas and set aside.
- Pour oil into a bowl and whisk in eggs.
- Put flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder into a large bowl and mix in egg and oil mixture, followed by the mashed bananas.
- Fold in butterscotch chips and place equal quantities in the prepared muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes.