Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe: adapted from AllRecipes.com's Chantal's New York Cheesecake
- 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese (3 packages of 8oz)
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cup pumpkin puree (I suggest using a bit more, maybe 2 ½ cups)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 inch springform pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter. Press onto bottom of springform pan. Store in the refrigerator until needed.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Blend in milk, and then mix in the eggs one at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate. Mix in sour cream, vanilla and flour until smooth. Fold in the pumpkin puree. Pour filling into prepared crust and put in the oven.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Turn the oven off, and let cake cool in oven with the door closed for 5 to 6 hours; this prevents cracking. Chill in refrigerator until serving.