Chocolate Pistachio Fudge recipe: Nigella Lawson - Express
- 350g/12oz dark chocolate, at least 70 per cent cocoa solids, chopped
- 1 x 397g/14oz can condensed milk
- 30g/1oz butter
- pinch salt
- 150g/5¼oz unsalted pistachios, shells removed (I omitted the pistachios)
- Place the chopped chocolate, condensed milk, butter and salt into a heavy-based pan over a low heat and stir until melted and well combined.
- Place the nuts into a freezer bag and bash them with a rolling pin, until broken up into some large and some small pieces.
- Add the nuts to the melted chocolate mixture and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into a 23cm/9in square tray, smoothing the top with a wet palette knife.
- Let the fudge cool, then refrigerate until set.
- Cut into small pieces approximately 3cm x 2cm/1¼in x ¾in. Cutting 7 x 7 lines in the tin to give 64 pieces best achieves this.
- Once cut, the fudge can be kept in the freezer - there's no need to thaw, just eat straight away.