White Chocolate and Pistachio Cookies recipe: Nigella Lawson - How To Be A Domestic Goddess
- ½ cup soft unsalted butter
- 7 tablespoons sugar (I omitted this and used ½ cup dark brown sugar)
- ½ cup brown sugar (I omitted this and used ½ cup dark brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup ground pistachios (I substituted this for another ½ cup all-purpose flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 ounces whole pistachios
- 4 ounces white chocolate
- Preheat the oven 350°F.
- Cream together the butter and sugars until soft and almost mousse-like. Add the vanilla and the egg, then the flour and baking soda. Don’t worry if the mixture looks almost curdled after you’ve beaten in the egg. When you’ve got a smooth, thick dough, add the nuts and chocolate and mix to combine.
- Pinch off pieces of dough and roll them into walnut-sized balls in your hands. Place these, generously spaced, onto the baking sheets, and put in the oven for 10-12 minutes (mine were a bit bigger so they needed 15 minutes), by which time the cookies should be a pale gold, with a darker gold around the edges.
- Leave to set for a couple of minutes on the baking sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool.