Brown Sugar Pound Cupcakes recipe: Martha Stewart - Living
Ingredients: Makes about 15
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose-flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (4 ounces or 1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup Nutella (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F/170°C.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar together in a large bowl, until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing 30 seconds between each addition.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add half of the flour mixture and half of the buttermilk to the butter/sugar/eggs, mix until well blended. Add remaining flour and buttermilk, mix until well blended.
- Fill the cupcake liners ¾ full and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Once cooled, fill the cupcakes with Nutella, using a pastry bag with a 1mm tip.
White Frosting recipe: my own
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons shortening (not butter-flavored)
- 4 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Sift the confectioners' sugar into a medium bowl.
- Add shortening, milk and salt and mix until combined. Then, add the light corn syrup and vanilla, and mix until well blended.