Rocky Road Crunch Bars recipe: Nigella Lawson - Nigella Express
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon soft unsalted butter
- 10 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup or 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 8 ounces plain hard and crunchy cookies
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- I added 1/2 cup rice krispies cereal and omitted 1 cup of marshmallows
- Melt the butter, chocolate and syrup in a heavy based saucepan. Scoop out about 1/2 cup of this melted mixture and put aside.
- Put the biscuits/cookies into a freezer bag and then bash them with a rolling pin. You are looking for both crumbs and pieces of cookies.
- Fold the cookie pieces and crumbs into the melted chocolate mixture, and then add the marshmallows (and rice krispies, if using them).
- Pour into a 9-inch square foil tray; flatten as best you can with a spatula. Pour over the reserved 1/2 half cup of melted chocolate mixture and smooth the top.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours or overnight.
- Cut into 24 fingers and dust with powdered sugar by pushing it gently through a tea strainer or small sieve.