Fluffy Waffles recipe: AllRecipes.com
- 2 egg yolks
- 5 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ¾ cups self-rising flour (I use all-purpose flour with 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder)
- 2 cups warm milk
- 2 egg whites
- In a large bowl, beat together egg yolks and sugar. Beat in vanilla extract, butter and salt. Alternately mix in flour and milk until blended well.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until they have formed soft peaks. Fold egg whites into batter and let stand for 40 minutes.
- Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown and fluffy.