Strawberry Streusel Muffins recipe: adapted from Recipezaar.com & Martha Stewart's 'Baking Handbook'
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh strawberries or frozen strawberries, chopped
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
- Dash of salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl. Add egg, mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add to creamed mixture, together with milk. Stir in vanilla, followed by strawberries.
- Fill 12 paper-lined muffin cups with batter.
- Streusel: combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Cut in the butter, using a pastry blender, until large, moist clumps form. Sprinkle a teaspoon over muffin batter before they go in the oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until browned.