Snickers and Peanut Butter Muffins recipe: Nigella Lawson - How To Be A Domestic Goddess
Ingredients: Makes 12 (I halved it and got 8)
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 6 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ¾ cup milk
- 3 ½ full-size Snickers bars (2.07 oz per bar), chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the peanut butter and mix until you have a bowl of coarse crumbs. Add the melted butter and egg to the milk and then stir this gently into the bowl. Mix in the Snickers pieces and dollup into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (I baked mine for 20 minutes and it was a bit too long I think, next time I’ll try 17-18 minutes), when the tops should be risen, golden and firm to the touch. Sit the pan on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes before taking out each muffin in its paper cup and leaving them on the wire rack to cool. If you can. (I let them cool completely; I don’t like the taste of warm peanut butter)