Rose Cupcakes recipe: adapted from Martha Stewart's Snickerdoodle Cupcakes recipe
Ingredients: makes 28 cupcakes (I only used half of this recipe)
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups cake flour (not self-rising), sifted
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons rose syrup
- 6 drops red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Sift together both flours, baking powder and salt.
- With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until each is incorporated, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Beat in vanilla and rose syrup. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture in three batches, alternating with two additions of milk, and beating until combined after each.
- Divide batter evenly among lined cups, filling each three-quarters full. Bake, rotating tins halfway through, until a cake tester inserted in centers comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Transfer tins to wire racks to cool completely before removing cupcakes.
Rose Frosting recipe: my own
Ingredients: enough frosting for 12 cupcakes
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons rose syrup
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 drop red food coloring
- Sift the confectionars's sugar into a medium bowl.
- Add the softened butter, milk, vanilla, rose syrup and food coloring.
- Mix until the frosting has a slight dropping consistency.