Sour Cream Chocolate Cake recipe: Click here. Halve this recipe to convert it into cupcakes. Make sure you only make the cake recipe, not the frosting.
Ingredients: adapted from AllRecipes.com
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 36 (at least) mini oreo bite size cookies
- Prepare cake batter; set aside. Mix cream cheese, egg and sugar until well blended.
- Spoon cake batter into each of 24 paper- or foil-lined medium muffin cups, filling each cup about half full. Top each with about ½ tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture and 1 cookie. Cover evenly with remaining cake batter.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely. There may be an indentation in top of cupcake after baking.
Real Chocolate Frosting recipe: my own!
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 3 ½ ounces bittersweet or milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Put the chopped chocolate in a dubble boiler over simmering water and let it melt.
- Sift the confectioners' sugar and the vanilla and milk. Do not mix it yet.
- Add the melted chocolate and mix with an electric mixer on medium speed 1 to 2 minutes until well combined. Add more milk if needed. Use immediately.