If you’re working with the metric system the waffles batter actually counts for 1 kilo sugar, 1 kilo butter, 1 kilo flour and 1 kilo eggs (how easy is that?!). This will obviously make a large amount of waffles, probably about 60. I divided the recipe and used 250 grams for everything. Then I converted everything to cups, so my American readers can try this!
Belgian Waffles recipe: My great grandmother Maria's recipe
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 1 ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 5 eggs
- 2 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs, one by one, beating well after each addition. Add the flour in two additions, mixing until well combined.
- Preheat waffles iron and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spoon 4 tablespoons batter for 1 waffles and cook until golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack.
Vanilla Bundt Cake recipe: My great grandmother Maria's recipe
- Preheat the oven tp 350°F.
- Prepare Belgian Waffles batter and add ½ teaspoon salt, 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract and 3 tablespoons milk to the batter.
- Pour batter into a buttered Bundt pan and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool completely before unmolding.