Lemon Raspberry Muffins recipe: adapted from AllRecipes.com
- ½ cup plain yogurt (I used skim yogurt)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract (optional)
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 cup frozen raspberries (mine weren't frozen)
- 2 tablespoons white sugar for decoration (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 12 cup muffin tin, or line with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the yogurt, oil, lemon juice, egg, and, if using, lemon extract. In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, ¾ cup sugar, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and mix with a fork, until just blended.
- Gently stir in the frozen raspberries. Spoon batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle remaining sugar over the tops for decoration, if desired.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top springs back when lightly touched. Cool muffins in the tin on a wire rack.