Orange French Toast recipe: Nigella Lawson - Nigella Express
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- 2 large thick slices, or 4 thin slices of white bread
- Juice of one orange
- ¼ cup good-quality orange marmalade, such as Tiptree (I used apricot jam)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Whisk the eggs, milk, cinnamon, and orange zest in a wide shallow dish.
- Soak the bread slices in this mixture for 2 minutes a side.
- While the eggy bread is soaking, bring the orange juice, marmalade, and sugar to a boil, then turn down to a fast simmer for 3 to 4 minutes. If you need to, let this syrup stand while you cook the bread.
- Heat the tablespoon of butter in a skillet and cook the eggy bread for about 2 minutes a side over medium heat until golden.
- Serve the French toast with some of the amber syrup poured over each slice, and a pitcher of extra syrup on the side.