Yellow Cupcakes recipe: Martha Stewart - Everyday Food
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Line the cups of a standard (12-cup) muffin tin with paper or foil liners.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a liquid-measuring cup, mix milk and vanilla; set aside.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- With mixer on low speed, add half of dry ingredients, followed by milk-vanilla mixture, then remaining dry ingredients. Do not overmix.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups (a 2-ounce or ¼-cup ice-cream scoop is good for this).
- Place tin on a rimmed baking sheet; bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a cupcake comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool cupcakes 5 minutes in tin, then remove and cool completely on a rack before frosting.
White Frosting recipe: my own
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons shortening (not butter-flavored)
- 4 tablespoons light corn syrup
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Sift the confectioners' sugar into a medium bowl.
- Add shortening, milk and salt and mix until combined.
- Add the light corn syrup and mix until well blended.
Buttercream Icing recipe: my own
- 1 cup confectionars' sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 3 drop green food coloring
- Sift the confectionars's sugar into a medium bowl.
- Add the softened butter, milk, vanilla and food coloring.
- Mix until the frosting has a slight dropping consistency.
For this recipe click here.
To learn to make the chick-cupcakes click here.